When you or a loved one is faced with a life-limiting illness, times can be stressful and worries of financial strain can creep in. With so many other things on your mind, Visiting Nurse Association tries to help you navigate the financial side of palliative care in a compassionate and flexible way.
For the most part, Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance plans cover the full cost of hospice and palliative services. Under an all-inclusive rate, there are no out-of-pocket expenses to the patient or family. As a nonprofit organization, Visiting Nurse Association utilizes community funds to provide hospice and palliative care to medically appropriate patients and families who do not have access to insurance, or the ability to pay.
Visiting Nurse Association is in network with the following:
- BlueCross BlueShield of Texas
- Secure Horizons by United Healthcare
Medicare covers most costs of these palliative care services:
- Doctor services & nursing care
- Medical equipment & supplies related to diagnosis
- Drugs for symptom control and pain relief
- Short-term care in the hospital if necessary
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Social work services
- Dietary counseling
- Grief support to help the patient and family
In many cases, VNA Care Choices provides palliative care that is covered by your insurance plan. For specific questions regarding coverage through your plan, please contact Visiting Nurse Association.