I Need Help
Pet ownership can be a tremendous benefit for the elderly, particularly for those who live alone. A pet can reduce stress, increase social interaction and alleviate feelings of loneliness. Still, pets require care, and some seniors need a little extra help to keep their animal companions happy and healthy. That’s why VNA Meals on Wheels isn’t just for people! Thanks to fundraising efforts, we are now able to deliver pet food once a month on weekends to a growing number of VNA clients.
To be eligible for VNA Meals on Wheels Pet Program, the client must:
- Be an existing VNA Meals on Wheels recipient
- Own a pet that currently lives in their home
- Must be age 60 or older
- Be unable to drive or leave your home without assistance
- Have limited financial resources
- Live in Dallas County
- Basic preventive vet care
- - Vaccinations
- - Flea & Heartworm Medication
- Transportation of your pet for vet care
- Low-cost or no-cost spaying & neutering
- Fund for special vet care needs
How to apply:
Contact VNA Meals on Wheels Pet Care Coordinator, Miriah Leddy at email@example.com or call 214-689-2233 for more information.
How to help:
Donations for the VNA Meals on Wheels Pet Food program can be made through Amazon. Please visit our Amazon Wish List at https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3GBNVME3ZHD2U?ref_=wl_share. Pet food and other pet donations for the VNA Meals on Wheels Pet Food Program can left in the bin located outside of the front door at VNA Haggerty Center located at 1440 W. Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX 75247 anytime Monday - Friday, between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.