There is something special about receiving a hand-made card. It can brighten someone’s day and make them feel special.
We deliver hand-made cards twice a week to thousands of Meals on Wheels clients who are homebound. Want to make someone smile?
Follow these simple steps:
- Get some 8 ½ x 11 paper and fold it in half – lengthwise or horizontal will work!
- Write a simple warm or inspirational message in large print
- Decorate your card by drawing some pictures – in color if you can
- Sign the card with your first name only
- Please do not place cards in envelopes – we have to be able to review them
- Please do not attach any decorative items, such as glitter or stickers, that can fall off
Drop off completed cards on Mondays and Wednesdays between 9am and 11 am in the marked box located at:
Visiting Nurse Association
Meals on Wheels Kitchen
1440 W. Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, TX 75247
Due to limited staff in our office and our need to keep items as sanitary as possible, we cannot accept other items such as other types of cards, sealed cards, goodie bags, candy, etc.
Watch this video from our card-making expert for some easy tips:
Do’s And Don’ts
When making your cards, please DO:
- Use white or colored 8.5 x 11 paper only
- Include cheerful and uplifting messages such as “Happy Fall”, “Stay Well”, “Thinking of You”, etc.
- Make sure any writing is legible
Please DO NOT:
- Include ANY personal information such as last name, address, email or phone number
- Write or draw anything that could be considered sad or scary
- Attach anything to the inside or outside of the card, such as snacks, candy, pins, stickers, ribbons, religious items or other items
We look forward to seeing your thoughtful cards!