All hospices are required to provide the same four levels of care in the United States. Deciding which hospice company to choose can be a difficult decision. Following are some questions to consider when interviewing and making a decision about a provider.
Questions to Ask a Hospice Provider
- How often will the RN visit?
- Will the RN stay consistent?
- Do you offer after hours visits? What is the response time?
- How long have you been in business?
- Is the hospice a for-profit or not-for-profit organization?
- Will the Hospice Physician visit my home?
- Is the hospice accredited? (CHAP)
- Does the hospice offer respite care or inpatient care, and if so, where?
- What does the bereavement program entail?
- How many patients does each RN visit?
The experienced team at VNA Hospice Care is focused on ensuring our patients receive the highest quality care at every stage of their journey. Click here to learn more: https://www.vnatexas.org/our-services/hospice-care/