My husband and I have received both of our vaccines. When is it safe to visit our grandkids and get back to “normal”?
Dear I’m vaccinated, now what,
First, thank you for choosing to be vaccinated. This is such an important step in getting our world and community back to some type of normal. The CDC has issued the following recommendations for a non-healthcare setting:
Fully vaccinated people can:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic
For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:
- Take precautions in public like wearing a well fitted mask and physical distancing
- Wear masks, practice physical distancing, and adhere to other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease
- Wear masks, maintain physical distance, and practice other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers
- Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations
Also, now that you have had the shot, you can encourage your friends and family to do so and share your experience. Wishing you health and joy as you visit your friends and family again.