Once your medical team and family have decided hospice is the right level of care, VNA will support you through every phase of the process. Following are some questions to consider for yourself or your loved one as you begin your hospice journey.
Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Hospice Journey
- How do I establish goals of care for myself or my family member?
- What are my “medical” goals and “quality-of-life” goals?
- How do I define quality of life?
- What are the treatments I want to receive or continue?
- Do I understand the risks versus benefits of those treatments?
- How and WHERE do I want to spend my last days/weeks/months?
- What are my hopes, wishes, and preferences at the end of life?
- Am I seeking completion of some life tasks, goals, projects, or legacy work?